Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" Illustrated by Camile Rose Garcia

Alice's Adventures in WonderlandThere is a new twist on an old great story. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Louis Carroll has been given a new look by illustrator, Camile Rose Garcia. I have seen various versions from many illustrators, and this is one with a definite dark edge.

Here is a little video that stars Camile herself...



There is also a portion of the book on-line. Just click below to check it out. Even if you are like me and have a hard time reading long stories on line, I still enjoyed looking at the pictures. She has a very interesting take on the book. Check it out!

4 comments:

  1. That's a scary-looking Alice. I like the touch of sinister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The artwork looks amazing! I have to agree that it does look like a dark version of the old tale. Although, I am curious to see what they have done with it. I could always go for something off the beaten path. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this the otherday at the bookstore, I really wanted to buy it, but it was soo expensive. I have to wait till it's cheaper, but I am going to own a copy! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to both love and dislike this kind of thing. The art does look great but sometimes I get a bit tired with the popular trend of wanting to gothic up Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Regardless, if I can afford it I think that I would like to get this edition of the book and I can't wait to see the new movie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!