Saturday, May 29, 2010

On My Wishlist...

I am really, really, really (did I say really?) wanting to read these!
The ReplacementThe Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff (pub. Sept. 21, 2010)

From Goodreads: Mackie Doyle seems like everyone else in the perfect little town of Gentry, but he is living with a fatal secret - he is a Replacement, left in the crib of a human baby sixteen years ago. Now the creatures under the hill want him back, and Mackie must decide where he really belongs and what he really wants. 
A month ago, Mackie might have told them to buzz off. But now, with a budding relationship with tough, wounded, beautiful Tate, Mackie has too much to lose. Will love finally make him worthy of the human world?
 Love this cover! Don't you? Also love the description of this book. Yep, this is a book I am wishing to read!


This next book... well... I know I am far from just one fan who wants to read this. I need to continue with this series before I get this book, but I don't think that is a problem. 


Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning! The cover was just revealed. Don't ya just love it? 


From Karen's Web site: 


"Evil is a completely different creature, Mac.

Evil is bad that believes it's good."




MacKayla Lane was just a child when she and her sister, Alina were given up for adoption and banished from Ireland forever.
Twenty years later, Alina is dead and Mac has returned to the country that expelled them to hunt her sister's murderer. But after discovering that she descends from a bloodline both gifted and cursed, Mac is plunged into a secret history: an ancient conflict between humans and immortals that have lived concealed among us for thousands of years.


What follows is a shocking chain of events with devastating consequences, and now Mac struggles to cope with grief, while continuing her mission to acquire and control the Sinsar Dubh--a book of dark, forbidden magic scribed by the mythical Unseelie King that contains the power to create and destroy worlds.


In an epic battle between humans and Fae, the hunter becomes the hunted when the Sinsar Dubh turns on Mac, and begins mowing a deadly path through those she loves.
Who can she turn to? Who can she trust? Who is the woman that haunts her dreams? More importantly, who is Mac and what is the destiny she glimpses in the black and crimson designs of an ancient tarot card?


From the luxury of the Lord Master's penthouse, to the sordid depths of an Unseelie nightclub, from the erotic bed of her lover, to the terrifying bed of the Unseelie King, Mac's journey will force her to face the truth of her exile, and make a choice that will either save the world...or destroy it. 


Okay... I'm wishing hard! *Finds magic well and throws coin* Can't wait to read these! :)

6 comments:

  1. I just can't stop looking at that cover of Shadowfever. And now I really, really want it too and I don't even know what it's about ... I'll read your summary once the cover stops mesmerizing me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Melissa... Thanks for posting The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff. This one does sounds great!=) I am TBRing it!=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree... I love the KMM cover- it is different from the others but great in itself. *sigh* I am dying to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read anything by this author before, although I do have Dreamfever on my shelf and have heard that this series is really good. WIll have to get around to it soon! The Replacement sounds interesting too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This cover gave me chills pretty much the way the cover of "Rosemary's Baby" did. I usually don't let a cover influence me but this one, well it is one that is on my MUST READ list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want them too. Wishing hard here too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!