Saturday, December 10, 2011

On My Wishlist...

Meme hosted by Book Chick City

Such Wicked Intent by Kenneth Oppel
tbp: Aug, 2012
Description:

When does obsession become madness? Tragedy has forced sixteen-year-old Victor Frankenstein to swear off alchemy forever. He burns the Dark Library. He vows he will never dabble in the dark sciences again—just as he vows he will no longer covet Elizabeth, his brother's betrothed.

If only these things were not so tempting.

When he and Elizabeth discover a portal into the spirit world, they cannot resist. Together with Victor's twin, Konrad, and their friend Henry, the four venture into a place of infinite possibilities where power and passion reign. But as they search for the knowledge to raise the dead, they unknowingly unlock a darkness from which they may never return.


A Sliver of Shadow by Allison Pang
tbp: March 2012
Description:
 
Just when her new life as a TouchStone – a mortal bound to help OtherFolk cross between Faery and human worlds – seems to be settling down, Abby Sinclair is left in charge when the Protectorate, Moira, leaves for the Faery Court. And when the Protectorate’s away…let’s just say things spiral out of control when a spell on Abby backfires and the Faery Queen declares the Doors between their worlds officially closed.

The results are disastrous for both sides: OtherFolk trapped in the mortal world are beginning to fade, while Faerie is on the brink of war with the daemons of Hell. Along with her brooding eleven prince Talivar and sexy incubus Brystion, Abby ventures to the CrossRoads in an attempt to override the Queen’s magic. But nothing in this beautiful, dangerous realm will compare to the discoveries she’s making about her past, her destiny, and what she will sacrifice for those she loves.

I actually have this one, but didn't feature it. I can't wait to read it!!

Fighting to Survive by Rhiannon Frater
Published!
Description:

Katie and Jenni have found new lives with the survivors of their makeshift fort, but danger still lurks. Nothing is easy in the new world where the dead walk and every day is a struggle to keep safe.

As the elements, bandits, and the zombie horde threaten their safe haven, Jenni and Katie join the other survivors in fighting to survive as the world dies.

Blame Ashely from The Bookish Brunette! ;) I have the first one ready to be read, so naturally I need this one to read right after! Need I tells ya! ;D

So, what is on your wishlist this week?

Psst... btw, come back tomorrow for an announcement of a great giveaway!

12 comments:

  1. I'm very curious to read A Sliver of Shadow, the first one was a really nice read

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got two books that aren't the first in the series...why am I not suprised? I really want the first book in both those series! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, Such Wicked Intent sounds good! Ditto Mel...I would like the first in the series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You HAVE to read This Dark Endeavor first, Melissa - I must insist! - before reading Wicked Intent. I cannot wait for the sequel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!! Fighting to Survive is soooo amazing!! I LOVE Tge cover for the Such Wicked Intent!! The first cover isn't all that exciting though!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished 2 books this week and I truly need the next books in those series.

    I am gonna read Pang 1 soon so will know then abot book 2 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard such amazing things about Kenneth Oppel and his work! Wicked Intent sounds awesome. And it sounds like Victor might be book boyfriend material. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fighting to Survive was just awesome----awesome------awesome :)


    There I said it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm adding these books to my tbr list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are hitting me up hard with these books! Is Pang's book here the second or third in her series? Or a new series. Aww, I can't remember now. Geeez, to many books! Eeep! *looking around* Who said that?

    lol. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All the books look amazing, but I REALLY want Fighting to Survive!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!