Monday, August 29, 2016

Audiobook Review: Hunt the Moon by Karen Chance



Series: Cassandra Palmer #5
Narrator: Cynthia Holloway
14 hrs. 51 min.
Publisher: Tantor Audio
Published: June, 27, 11
Source: Library/Hoopla
Cassandra Palmer recently defeated a god, which you'd think would buy a girl a little time off. But it doesn't work that way when your job description is Pythia-the world's chief clairvoyant. Cassie is busier than ever, trying to learn about her power, preparing for her upcoming coronation, and figuring out her relationship with the enigmatic sexy master vampire, Mircea. 
But someone doesn't want Cassie to become Pythia, and is willing to go to any lengths to make sure the coronation ceremony never happens- including attacking her mother before Cassie is even born.
My thoughts:

This was a long audio, but since I've had Cynthia Holloway read the last book to me, I knew I would enjoy it. I like her character voices and how she creates a nuance and inflection in their voices.

In this book we learn quite a bit about Cassie's lineage and past. We also learn more about Pritkin and Mircea. We come to find out what past incidences colored the way they see things now. There is a chance for growth in all characters, but we see it the most in Cassie.

This book was also filled with action. Almost too much for me. I felt like I ran a marathon after this book. I wouldn't know how Cassie would have remained sane with one thing happening after another. However, our heroine is sometimes outmatched but she never gives up. It is her tenacity that sees her through... along with some heavy hitter paranormal friends.

I do think I enjoyed most of my running stay with Cassie, especially learning and having a much deeper understanding of the main characters. The ending, however, is not my favorite. While it wasn't the worst cliffie I've had, it was a cliffie nonetheless. :p No! After 14 hrs and you do that to me! It really is more of an introduction to an added arc (I suspect) than not answering lingering questions in this book, but I still hated it. And yes, cannot wait to get to the next book as well. Darn it. :)

I give this book 4 stars. It is a fast paced book that gives you no time to rest. Oh and those looking for some hot action, you will not be disappointed here. Yea, she had a little time to enjoy herself more than once. *waggles eyebrows* I recommend this series to those that love UF.

28 comments:

  1. I think I read the first book ages ago and then for some reason forgot about it. I really need to pick them back up again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I've only now started back up with this series.

      Delete
  2. I loved this series to a point, but things seem to be leaning towards Pritkin, and I'm a huge fan of Mircea. There's just something about him that pulls me right in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I think I like both which is unusual. It's a triangle... and not to me anyway.

      Delete
  3. I've had similar experience with a non-stop action book. You're like out of breath and all you want to do is take a break. Lol. Aren't you glad this is finally off your pile? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I needed the breather. :D I'm glad and not about the pile. I mean now I need the next book. :D

      Delete
  4. This is an author I have never tried

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of this series before. As soon as I catch up on other series I'm reading, I'll have to look into this. There are so many UF series I need to try. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh this has been a surprise UF for me. I actually didn't think I would enjoy it so much. :)

      Delete
  6. I haven't given this author a try before but I definitely will, now! I love UF and some sexytimes so this sounds like the perfect book to curl up with. Wonderful review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd enjoy this one! I have enjoyed them a lot on audio!

      Delete
  7. I so love this series, but it is a tiring series. I always feel worn out after I finish a book in this series. I also hate to tell you this, but I think this is the last one that Cynthia Holloway narrates. I don't know why the change, but there have been two different narrators since she stopped. They weren't bad, but I liked Holloway better.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO! I really enjoyed her narration. Hm... might switch to reading these then. :(

      Delete
  8. These heroines have great stamina, don't they? :D I want to read this series eventually. But oh no, the cliffie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked this series but it's been a while! I think I only did read book 1 2 3 and I have 4 and 5 to read. Even in French! One day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, I love when you get caught up like that. This is another series I would like to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the review. I've heard really good things about this one - now that I know it's on audio (and a good narrator), I'll have to add it to my list! As for too much action - I know what you mean. I've felt that way listen to Dresden Files books. Sometimes those fight scenes go on and on and on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melanie (Hot Listens) said above that this was her last one by Holloway. :( I will recommend the ones done by her though! I've had, so far, one book that was more exhausting than this one. At least there are SOME resting scenes here. There wasn't in the other one I'm thinking about. :)

      Delete
  12. LOL sometimes, yeah, I'm like I need a nap now! How do you not?! lol It sounds like a fun series :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean we went through it too, right? Should totally count as exercise. :D

      Delete
  13. Yes! I remember being frustrated with this book! That ending, gah! I did enjoy getting to know Cassie more.
    I do like how there are small crossovers with the Dory series too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! At least I'm not the only one. I haven't read the Dory series yet. It's on the list.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!